Sunday, June 1, 2008

Follow up appointment

When I went to see the doctor for a second time, he suggested a cortisone shot. I said sure. Except this shot was much more painful than the first and I had to have it in both feet. When I got up I felt dizzy but thought I would be fine once I made it to my car...... Apparently all the color ran out of my face, because the Dr. asked me if I was OK and of course I said "I am fine" he followed with "are you sure?" "no, I think I am going to faint." so he sat me back down in the reclining chair and put my feet above my head and I ended up sitting and waiting 10 min. before he thought I was good enough to get up. This was just a foreshadowing of how I would react to the shots. That evening my feet hurt, but mainly at the injection site, no biggie, I assumed. By Friday morning the pain had moved from the inside of my feet to the outside of my feet, I was still able to walk but I was definitely limping. I went to work, but as the day progressed the pain intensified by lunch time I was using my office chair as a wheel chair to get around. When I got home I sat on the coach until Dave was able to rescue me..........


I spent the rest of Friday on crutches and spent Saturday either on crutches or asleep in bed.



By Sunday, I had very little pain on MEMORIAL DAY, it was like I had never had feet issues at all. If my pain ever gets bad again................... I would definitely do the shots again. It was worth it to not have to limp for a while.

No comments: