Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Thief among us

In another conspiracy theory post, we have a thief in our area. You see for Christmas Joe and Jessica gave us a garden flag holder along with a U of M flag to go on it. We had displayed the flag proudly. On a trip to THE DOLLAR STORE and found a super cute flag for summer. it was a towel on some sand with a hat and flip flops on it and as soon as the weather turned warm I hung the flag on our flag holder. Until one day, someone TOOK it while we were at work.

Dave of course thinks the wind took it, but I know better and I will tell you why, please take a look at the up curl on the top of the flag holder:

As you see in the picture below the U of M flag's hole is large enough to slip over the curl up.
BUT the missing summer flag's hole was not that large and I had to "scrunch" the hole's flag up and around the curl up slowly until until I was able to get it all the way through the hole. The whole process took me over 20 minutes to get the flag on the flag holder. I don't think the would could possibly be strong enough to "scrunch" it up and around the curl up to have it fly off the holder.

Dave wonders why anyone would steal a $1 flag and I told him that I don't think they knew it was only a dollar, but saw it was a super cute flag and took it.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree with you, Karen. I'm sure it was a precious flag!