Sunday, June 1, 2008

my year long cross to bare....

So as some of you may know about a year ago after working on Joey's deck and playing a pretty intense game of softball I woke up one Tuesday morning with the most

excruciating pain in my right foot. After about a week



of it still hurting. I looked up my symptoms up on the Internet and self diagnosed my self with Plantar Fasciitis, I decided I would go see a foot doctor for a "CURE" Well he was a quack, at least I thought so. He took no X-rays and charged me $75 for a pair of hard inserts for my shoes that, didn't fit AND didn't help. He then gave me a cortisone shot that really hurt and didn't seem to help. That was about the end of it, some days my foot hurt a lot and sometimes not so bad, but the pain never went away. It never slowed me down either. When I spoke with my Aunt Karen about my "condition" she told me, that she too had suffered with Plantar's Faciiatis and she warned me

to be careful because I would tend to favor my left foot to help reduce the pain in my right. Eventually I did acquire pain in my left foot but instead of getting another case of Plantars Faciitis it was more intense and even came with a heel spur. Aren't I lucky!
This time I did a little more research to find a doctor and spoke with some friends and I was referred to Piedmont Podiatry.


That Dr. gave me x-rays and diagnosed me with Plantar Faciatis and the heel spur. He gave me a set of night splints, that were covered by insurance, and gave me a
prescription for an antiinflamitory, and no shot. I assumed I would be

fine, and set up a follow up appointment about a month later. This course of action had left me no better than before, some days were good and some days were bad. About two weeks before my follow up appointment I limped EVERYDAY. I hated it.

No comments: