Friday, June 6, 2008

Book Club

I am not sure if you heard the story of how I became a member of a book club so here it is:
One Thursday night, several months ago, Dave wanted to go to Panera Bread for dinner, and although I am not a fan of Panera, I thought I would be a good wife and go any way.

After we order and got our food we sat down. I noticed at the table next to ours there was a group of ladies conducting a book club and the book they were talking about appeared to be a book I had read. I kept watching them, to a point where Dave asked "Stare Much?" I told him I think they were a book club and I was thinking I would go over there. I kept going back and forth in my mind if I would do something so BOLD. Dave was supportive as usual when he said "don't embarrass me" so I decided to go over there and introduce myself and ask to join their book club. They said YES and were very welcoming and I sat down with them while Dave continued to eat his dinner (and the rest of mine, not that I cared) by himself. It turns out the book they were reading was not one I had heard of:

















Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral and not The Sweet Potato Queens, which I thoroughly recommend anyone listening to the CD's because the author just tells the story so well, it is the only books I know of that I would rather listen to than read, but from a distance I think you can see how I mistakenly thought they were the same.


Well last night we meet for book club and I took some pictures, so you could meet them, since they are a part of my world:














Sue, Linda, Judy, Beth, Julie and ME.















Kelly was a little late, so she got a solo picture, isn't she lucky.





The book we read last night is pictured
There are about 12 in the club, Sue, Linda, Kelly and Terry (missed last night) are the "regulars" but LINDA and I have never missed a meeting, I don't know if that makes us look good (faithful to our commitment) or bad (loser's with nothing else to do)

1 comment:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I ready Marley & ME too. I LOVED this book, however, I did read it fairly recently after my dog passed away, so it really spoke to me.