Friday, June 6, 2008

The books so far....

So here are my mini reviews of the books that we have read so far:



Very cute, very easy read, those with and with out dogs I think will find it every entertaining. It is being made into a movie with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston, coming out December of 2008. Although I enjoyed it as a book, I don't know if it is good enough to carry a movie, but I plan on seeing it anyway.







I have mixed reviews for this book. I thought it would be more revealing, or it would tell us more of some shocking secrets, but it was a simple biography. I enjoyed reading it but probably would have enjoyed it more if their wasn't the "hype" that it didn't live up to.













I truly loved this book and have recommended it to several friends that have also enjoyed it. I recommend this book to all women! READ IT! READ IT !! READ IT!!!












This was my pick. I had read several other of Jennifer Weiner's books, including IN HER SHOES (that was made into a movie with Cameron Diaz), which I really enjoyed.


It was pretty slow in the beginning and it took sometime for it to get going but I did like it, though as I write this, I can't remember how it ended.....











A very good book, though I don't think I would have read it if I hadn't been a book club selection. I really enjoyed it and hope if you read it you enjoy it.


It was made into a TV movie on Lifetime Network, I enjoyed the film but preferred the book.










Did not like it, do not recommend it, don't waste your time!










The first book the book club read was Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral, which I hadn't read, even though Julie was nice enough to lend me her copy for a few months.

No comments: