Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Laugh if you will, but it is hard for me to read foreign books or books set in foreign lands. I think it has to do with the long words I have never heard of and some how can not get through my thick skull. I believe this why I never got into the Da Vinci Code, to many places I haven't heard of or able to pronounce in my head.
I believe that is why it took me a long time to get into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (a Swedish novel translated into English), and how easily I had fallen for the chick lit. distraction. But with the pressure of book club meeting looming and my apparent responsibility to lead the discussion, I dove in head first and I am glad I did. It was a great mystery, that had more than its fair share of surprises. I especially cheered for Lisbeth! I must say I am glad I read the book and hope you don't have as thick a skull as me and get to read and enjoy the book as much as I did.

No comments: