Monday, September 1, 2008

Saturday (Karen's Shower)

I attended David's Cousin Karen Asekomeh (aka the original Karen Deurloo, luckily she got married first so there was no confusion) Her daughter Alexis should be here in the fall.


Her sister, Amy, takes notes of who gave what at the shower. Amy and I have become really, really good friends and have stayed in touch through e-mail and phone calls in between visits.


Karen is opening our gift. In case you couldn't tell it is a Diaper Genie Refill. Dave and I went shopping for Karen's shower gift about a month before our visit because I was also invited to a baby shower in South Carolina. We decided to get Karen a Diaper Genie and refill. When we got to Michigan, we were talking to his Mom and I mentioned the Diaper Genie and she told us that is what she had ordered online and was her gift to Karen. Apparently she went online and bought it the Friday night, we purchased it in the store. What are the chances of that? Dave and I exchanged the Diaper Genie for a bottle warmer for your car and a container to store formula on the go and the refill, from what I hear you can never have enough.



Amy has lost 76 lbs and I am sooooooooo proud of her





No comments: