Monday, July 14, 2008

My profound thought of the year....

So as I was writing the post below about the books I have been reading, when a very interesting thought had entered my mind and unfortunately for you, I have decided to share...........

When I initially wanted to join the book club, I can recall Dave made the observation "you don't read books"
and I remember I used to love reading books until one day I stopped.

I stopped reading, because I thought loser FAT GIRLS were the only ones to read.

I never joined the high school softball team because there were girls on the team that intimidated me.

I stopped hang out with my girlfriends, because I thought it was cooler to be seen with a boy.

I started to care WAY to much of what people thought of me, or at the very least what I thought they thought of me.

But now as an old lady of the ripe ol' age of 31 ;) (going on 32 any one wanting to send gifts)

I am starting to have the courage to be myself, even if I am still figuring out exactly who that is.

I am reading all the time now, and I have joined my work's softball team. I liked hiking and being outdoors. I now longer hide in Jeans in 100 degree weather, to ashamed to be a FAT GIRL in a pair of shorts or heaven forbid a BATHING SUIT!!!!
I no longer refuse to have my picture taken , because even though I still working on slimming down, I want to enjoy who I am now because it is shaping who I will be tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are a rock star! Thank you sooo much for your enlightening wisdom. I could, should, and will take some cues from you. :)