Friday, April 18, 2008

First Game of the Season...

It was my first game on Monday 4/14 at 8:30 p.m. and here in the south it was a nippy 40 degrees and rainy when the ump called batter up.....

Because of the co-ed softball rules down here, your catcher needs to be the oppisite sex of your pitcher. With Laura Blackmore, Principal for Wohali, on the mound and Chris Gault catching that left me in Left field, pouting :(

My first at bat, I had been given a batting lesson before we started this season and since it really was my first batting lesson … EVER, I was excited to see how I had improved.
The first pitch I let go past me, and the ump called it a ball, the second pitch I made contact with and although, it didn’t make it past the outfield and it made it to first base before I did, I did get an R.B.I. So I was excited and my team told me they could see the improvement from last year.

No comments: