Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why pay full price....

I think this story is classic.....

This weekend Dave decided to stain the fence. We had already picked up a 5 gallon barrel of stain and a Wagner sprayer so all we were waiting for was enough time to do it. I was his little helper so I was outside with him in a pair of boxers and an old Cami. As we started to stain the back yard fencing Dave figured we would be 5 gallons short, so he asked me to go to Lowe's and pick up another barrel. I asked if he thought I should change my clothes, and he said he didn't care, he wasn't being seen with me;) and he wanted the stain pretty fast.

So I go to Lowe's and they don't have the stain I need in a 5 gallon barrel on the display floor, a girl, my "helper", offers to help and finds it on the top shelf. She tells me she can't get it but will get someone to help. So I wait.....and wait .............. and wait. I go to find my "helper" and she is helping someone else, so I wait...........and wait......... and wait. Again, I go to find my "helper" and she is at the paint counter, she sees me and while pointing at male Lowe's employee, says" I asked him to help you, but he hasn't gotten around to it yet"

I was sooooooooooo pissed off. I picked up 3 1 gallon stain cans (at $30 a piece) and walked to customer service, and dropped them off, then proceeded to go back and get 2 more gallons. After dropping them next 2 the first set of 3, I asked the woman talking in the office if she was the manager. She replied she was 1 of the managers. I then proceeded to tell her that she would need to ring up all the 1 gallons but charge me the 5 gallon price ($133) I told her my story of waiting then said, I am standing here in my underwear because my husband needs the stain and no one would help me!!!!!! At that point she told my she would only charge me $20 for each can, The grand total $100. Then she got someone to carry them out to the car so I wouldn't have to.

When I got home, Dave wondered why it had taken so long, and I told him my story and he laughed and said he should send me out in my underwear more often.

No comments: