Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jake and the 4th of July

So I love, love, love Fireworks, I always have. This year I asked Dave if it would be okay to go to downtown Easley for the Firework display. The way I figured, if Jake was going to go crazy because of the noise, might as well enjoy the show. We headed downtown around 8and had pizza at our favorite place, Michaels', then went to find a good spot to see the show. We had no idea where they were going off at and everywhere we looked we saw people sitting to watch the show but they weren't all facing a central location, so we had to guess where would be the best place to sit. I had seen a friend at the pizza place and her nephew said they we going to be shot off at the police station, none of the adults could confirm and wondered how he knew, but Dave and I took his advice and headed to City Hall, next to the Police Station.

We decided to set up our chairs in the parking lot and Jake had mixed reaction to the fireworks people were setting off before the show, sometimes he would FREAK and bark his head off and sometimes he ignored them. Dave assured me Jake was going to freak. I said, anytime he wanted to pack up so Jake wouldn't disturb anyone else, that would be fine, I just wanted to try this one time to see how it went.

WE HAD THE BEST SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were sooooo close to the fireworks, it was amazing. Of course Jake thought it was the end of the world and the sky was falling and wanted to get away............... he FREAKED and Barked 10 times what I thought he would, so after the 3 firecrackers Dave took Jake and I packed everything up and headed to the car, which wasn't to far away. by the time I got there, Jake had settled down and was in the car, while Dave was outside watching the fireworks, he said we could stay here and watch the rest of the show, since Jake was calm. The view was still great and I just loved it. I can't wait to go back again next year.

No comments: